Saturday, January 17, 2009

Chunky Monkey

On Thursday night we took Ethan in to see his doctor in Urgent Care at the Mfld Clinic. I was concerned about his poops......they were runny/seedy/mustardy/explosive/mucusy...and with my history I was a little alarmed since I had not experienced this with Austin. She reassured me, his poops looked normal, she had seen many a newborn's poopy diapers. Yes, we took a diaper in, per the nurse I spoke with earlier in the day. Talk about gross....! It stinks changing it the first place, just imagine opening it up an hour later! It might be his formula, so I think I will ask for some samples of partially-broken down something or other that she said we could try. She had them in Peds, so she couldn't give me any that night. Ethan has his one month check up with her again on the 22nd, this coming Thursday, so we'll get them then. Ethan is such a good baby, and so happy - and growing! He weighed in at 8 lbs, 12 oz....!!! Yikes! Can you say...Chunky Monkey?!

Thoughts from friends (1)

Ed, Sarah, Charley, and Henry said...

Glad the poop thing turned out okay. I kinda thought it would. It was so fun chatting with you the other day. Call again when you have a minute. I don't want to bug you if you have everyone napping etc. Keep me updated on bedtime!