We're adjusting to being a family of four.
- My husband is getting full, uninterrupted nights of sleep.
- My first born has wedged himself in our bed, right between Michael and I.
- My second born has yet to want to sleep on his own in the co sleeper on my side of the bed.
- We have created the "FAMILY BED".
- Ethan's circumcision has healed, the little plastic ring fell off on his eighth day of life. His umbilical cord stump fell off today, the twelfth day of his life. Yippee! No more sponge baths for the little man!
- I have yet to venture out with both Austin and Ethan, on my own, in public - ie, running errands, shopping, etc....I can honestly say I'm afraid to. It takes the four of us forever to get ready to leave to go anywhere, so I am not looking forward to doing it on my own, even though right now I'm fully aware I'm avoiding the inevitable. Austin and I are great shopping buddies; we have that mastered. I'm just not sure what to do...Ethan, in a car seat, being put where Austin sits in the cart...then where does Austin go? In the big basket of my cart? Then where do the rolls of toilet paper, boxes of diapers, miscellaneous items, or grocery items go? Do I haul two carts? I can say I've never seen another parent do that. I can't make Austin walk - I'd be all over chasing him. He's perfectly fine with me, with my attention solely on him...talking only to him....how do I manage an outing with two? Any advice from any of you with two kids who have mastered this task....?? Help! I know I'll get it all figured out, I'll master it...but until then - I have a little anxiety!
- I am already not ready to go back to work on Feb 19th.....I'm ready but not ready. I want to go back, but I don't want someone else watching my little Ethan. He'll only be about 8 1/2 weeks old; too young to be put in daycare!!! Austin was 6 months old when he started daycare - he could sit up on his own, roll over...he was more independent. Ethan is going to be 2 months old, still a little 'lump' of sugar cradled in someone's arms. Not ready!!!!!!!!!!!! But then, it's only for 3 months then I'll have the summer with him. Need to stay positive! :)

Thoughts from friends (1)
Oh, Kelly. So fun to hear your journey. Give a ring and I would gladly tell you my plans of attack for various situations! My one quick piece of advice would be to take just Austin on an outing to the grocery store and have him walk instead of ride. You might be surprised! Or use a front carrier like the baby bjorn for baby Ethan instead of using the carseat. Just two ideas. You will figure it out. Good luck and I am here during the day for a chat...i love adult conversations!
Post a Comment