When Austin turned 2, he got a bug vacuum. He saw one of his friends open one when his friend turned 2, and he really liked it. So....we decided he could ask for one for his birthday, and his wish was granted. We've had it for over a year now, and never really used it for much of anything. Always meant to, but for some reason never got totally into vacuuming up bugs.
Until today!
Like many homes we know, we've been invaded by the Asian Beetles - AKA, the Ladybug-Wannabe. YUCK! I despise them even more when I smash them, because they release this smell....ugh. Tonight after I got home from parent-teacher conferences (the good, the bad, the ugly) I was washing up some dishes and was commenting about all the Asian Beetles and how they were beginning to drive me nuts. Austin then proceeded to point them all out...'Mama, there's one over here! Daddy, there's one on your wallet! Mama, there's a smashed one over here!'
I had it!
I did some fast thinking, and asked him where he had his bug vacuum. He knew right where it was! He got it out, and turned it on. Michael responded that the vacuum wouldn't work well enough to suck the beetles up. I got new batteries, and it roared up!
And away he went....sucking up the little demons in his vacuum.
Yeah! Less work for me to do and he's all entertained and excited!

Thoughts from friends (1)
what does this bug vacuum look like. We need one for our basement :) Is it really a bug vaccum? And to let you know...when I saw the title of this post I was afraid to peek....afraid of a picture with a massive amount of bug on it! HA!
Post a Comment