Monday, April 6, 2009

Spring Has Sprung!

Spring is a busy time of year!

As you've already found out.....I've been having a hard time keeping up with my blog!

Forensics is wrapping up; I'm taking a group of students down to Madison this month for the state competition. I'm hoping (naturally!) they will do well. I'm always extra excited to take this trip to Mad-Town as my best friend lives down there so we meet up for shopping/dinner....even though it is short, we make the most of every minute we have together!

I also advise the Yearbook, so that is getting busy and as soon as Forensics wraps up I'll have to devote some extra time after school taking care of that business. Prom was Saturday night and I went and took pictures...the guys looked so handsome in their tuxedos and the girls....wow....beautiful and so grown up!. It's hard to imagine they spend up to $500+ for a prom dress these days! I believe my wedding gown cost that much!

I've also been doing some interpreting and translating for the school district...we have some elementary students whose parents only speak/read Spanish. Extra experience for me and $$ to boot!

I'm also finishing up a 3 credit graduate class....twofold; license renewal and lane change (pay increase). It's called "What Great Teachers Do Differently"...insightful, inspiring. What I need to recharge my batteries finishing up my 9.5 years of teaching. It just goes to show there's always room for improvement!

Austin is getting better on the potty (YEAH!)....he still goes backwards at home. He's pretty much potty trained at school but not at home. I guess there are quite a few of the kids in his class that are that way....but tonight he went poo on the potty!! He was super excited! Let's hope he can keep that one up!

Ethan still has a little cough, and I can't wait for it to disappear totally. Otherwise he's growing like a weed - way too fast for me! :( He's a social butterfly...loves to smile a big open-mouth smile, smirk, giggle, coo, melt his mama's heart....!

Costa Rica is two months away....excited, anxious, nervous....I totally love the country! And the people! If I ever win the lottery, I'll buy land and a home there and in Spain. No doubt!!!

I guess tomorrow I'll have to buy a ticket...!