About a month or so ago, I was sitting inside Sceeters with two other women that have kids...and during our conversation it came up that out of the six of us adults (meaning us 3 women and our husbands) 3 of us have summer vacations since we teach, and three of us didn't....but could and did have time off the first week in August. I mentioned something about Bayfield...beaches...and another mentioned biking...and from there the trip was planned. On the calendar. Booked.
We took our much anticipated mini-vacation "North" (per Austin) with these two other families...the adults were outnumbered. Six adults, seven kids. The kids' ages? All the way from 10 down to 19 months (Ethan).
We stopped just north of Mellen to see Copper Falls:
We enjoyed walking down to Bayfield's marina, and having three delicious pizzas delivered to our hotel's roof-top deck. A quick change into suits gave the kids a nighttime swim down by the little beach near our hotel. The next day we boarded the ferry and with bikes, went to Madeline Island. We biked to Big Bay State Park where we enjoyed a picnic lunch and plenty of water, sand, and sun time:
We enjoyed a fabulous dinner at The Pier restaurant (which has been totally remodeled and is simply awesome - both physically and the food! I had gazpacho and Spinach-stuffed Tortellini with portabella mushrooms, and can't wait to have it there again!) I also sipped on a huge sangria....then the kids headed down for another nighttime swim. By evening's end, the boys were tuckered out, but didn't want to sleep. I hope nobody heard me singing a slew of "You Are My Sunshine", "Hush Little Baby", "Twinkle Twinkle", amongst other songs way out of tune and off-key for 30 minutes. Hey-who cares? It worked.
Marie brought a magazine with that she just had been happening to read, and it featured Bayfield....The Candy Shoppe (yes, I bought and ate my Wine Bread. Cherry this time. Divine....), Hauser's wine and jams....sampled and bought both)...
On the way back home we went to Bayview Beach for another picnic lunch, sand, and water time....
...and a snack:

Thoughts from friends (1)
Sounds wonderful! Love this post.
Post a Comment