Wednesday, December 17, 2008

End in Sight

I made it past my due date to another OB appointment today at 3:45.....and after some discussion with the doctor, there is end in sight. I am still dialated at 1cm and effaced at 50% - "staged and ready to go at any time; the conditions are favorable" the doctor said. Geez, sounds like he was giving a weather report or something! My regular OB will be back in the office on Monday the 22nd, (conveniently she's been in Peru on missionary work) and is on-call for deliveries that day, so if I don't have the baby by then, I am to report to the hospital at 8:00 to be induced.

Come on, baby - I hope it doesn't come to that! I'd like you to decide when to come - you know when it's time - I'm being patient so work with me!

SO...I'm not going to blog on anything more about being pregnant - the next post on this topic will be to let you know I'm either in labor and headed for the hospital, or I'll be sharing a great, super-exciting birthing story with pictures!